That’s the question I asked myself when I saw my monthly bill for data usage. I was shocked by how much I was spending on data every month, especially since I use it for everything from chatting with friends to watching videos to working online.
I decided to do some research and find out if there was a way to get free data on MTN, one of the largest and most popular mobile network operators in South Africa.
And guess what?
I found out that there are actually several ways to get free data on MTN, and they are not too hard or complicated to use.
How to Get Free Data on MTN South Africa
In this post, I will share with you the methods that I have tried and tested myself, and that have helped me save money and stay connected in 2023.
You will learn how to use promo codes, referrals, apps, surveys, and more to get free data on MTN. So, if you are ready to enjoy free data on MTN South Africa in 2023, keep reading and follow these simple steps.
Use Promo Codes
One of the easiest and fastest ways to get free data on MTN South Africa in 2023 is to use promo codes.
Promo codes are special codes that you can enter on the MTN website or app, or dial on your phone, to get free data or other rewards. I have used promo codes many times and I can tell you that they work like magic.
You just need to find the right promo codes that are valid in 2023, such as MTNFREE, MTN100, MTN50, etc.
You can find these promo codes on various websites, blogs, forums, social media pages, or even from your friends who have used them before.
You May Also Like to Visit: How To Get 1GB Free Data On MTN
How to Use MTN Promo Codes
Once you have the promo codes, you can apply them on the MTN website or app by following these steps:
- Log in to your MTN account or create one if you don’t have it.
- Go to the menu and select “My Offers”.
- Enter the promo code in the box and click “Apply”.
- You will see a confirmation message that you have received free data or other rewards.
Alternatively, you can dial the promo code on your phone by following these steps:
- Dial *136*2# on your phone.
- Select option 1 for “Redeem Voucher”.
- Enter the promo code and press “Send”.
- You will receive a confirmation SMS that you have received free data or other rewards.
However, you should be aware that some promo codes may have limitations or restrictions, such as:
- They may expire after a certain date or time.
- They may have a usage limit per account or per day.
- They may require a minimum balance or a specific plan to be eligible.
- They may not work for all customers or regions.
How to Use Free Data Apps on MTN South Africa
Another way to get free data on MTN South Africa in 2023 is to use free data apps. Free data apps are apps that provide you with free data on MTN by completing tasks, watching ads, playing games, etc. I have used free data apps and I can tell you that they are fun and easy to use.
You just need to find the right free data apps that are compatible with MTN in 2023, such as:
- Dent: This is an app that allows you to buy, send, and earn free data on MTN and other networks. You can earn free data by inviting others to join the app, watching videos, completing offers, etc. You can also exchange your Dent coins for free data or other rewards.
- mCent Browser: This is a browser app that gives you free data on MTN and other networks for browsing the web. You can earn free data by visiting your favorite sites, reading news, watching videos, etc. You can also get bonus points for referrals, daily usage, etc. You can then redeem your points for free data or other rewards.
- Opera News: This is a news app that offers you free data on MTN and other networks for reading and sharing news. You can earn free data by reading articles, watching videos, inviting friends, etc. You can also get bonus coins for daily check-ins, lucky draws, etc. You can then exchange your coins for free data or other rewards.
How can I check my free data balance on MTN?
You can check your free data balance on MTN by dialing *136# on your phone and selecting option 1 for “Balance Enquiry”. You will see your free data balance and expiry date on your screen. You can also check your free data balance on the MTN website or app by logging in to your account and going to the “My Offers” section.
How can I use my free data on MTN?
You can use your free data on MTN for any online activity, such as browsing the web, accessing social media, streaming videos, downloading apps, etc. You can also share your free data with other MTN customers using the MTN Me2U service. However, you should be aware that some online services or websites may not be compatible with free data or may consume more data than usual. So, make sure you check the terms and conditions of the online service or website before using it with your free data.
How can I get more free data on MTN?
You can get more free data on MTN by using the methods that I have shared in this post, such as using promo codes, referrals, apps, surveys, etc. You can also look out for other offers or promotions that MTN may launch from time to time, such as seasonal deals, loyalty rewards, competitions, etc. You can find these offers or promotions on the MTN website, app, social media pages, or SMS notifications.
What are the benefits of having free data on MTN?
You can save money and reduce your monthly expenses on data. You can stay connected and enjoy online services without worrying about running out of data. You can explore new online opportunities and learn new skills or information. You can have fun and entertainment with your friends and family online.
What are the challenges or risks of getting free data on MTN?
Getting free data on MTN may also have some challenges or risks, such as: You may encounter technical issues or errors when using the methods to get free data. You may not receive the free data or rewards that you expected or deserved. You may face security or privacy threats when using some online services or websites with your free data. You may become addicted or dependent on online services or websites and neglect other aspects of your life.